Glendale Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
When a pedestrian is struck by a car or other motor vehicle, serious injuries tend to ensue. Many Glendale pedestrian accidents – like those occurring elsewhere – are due to the negligence or reckless behavior of the driver and, as such, could have been avoided. The injuries you sustain can have a devastating effect on your life, as you may find yourself unable to return to work, or to complete your everyday tasks and activities without help. Whether this is temporary or permanent, an accident-related disability can have a significant effect on your emotional wellbeing, in addition to the physical pain resulting from your injuries.
A Glendale pedestrian accident attorney from Lorona Mead can ensure you recover the compensation you deserve when you have been injured through somebody else’s negligence or wrongdoing.
Proving Negligence After a Glendale Pedestrian Accident
The most important task your Glendale pedestrian accident attorney will have while handling your case is proving that the motorist who caused your injuries was negligent. Drivers have a duty of care towards pedestrians, meaning they must be aware of nearby pedestrians, and always act in a way which will protect them from harm. Some of the ways in which this duty can be breached include:
- Driving at excessive speeds, both in terms of breaching the legal speed limit, and in driving at a speed which is not suitable for the road, conditions, and the driver’s experience
- Ignoring traffic signals, or failing to yield at a crosswalk
- Distracted driving, which can include using a cellphone while behind the wheel, eating or drinking while driving, adjusting GPS or music, or otherwise failing to pay full attention to the road ahead and the surroundings
- Failing to yield the right of way to a pedestrian
- Failing to indicate before turning
Drivers have a greater duty of care to children, due to the fact that small children are less visible than adults, and also less aware of danger. When driving in an area where children are likely to be present, such as near a school or park, drivers must be extra vigilant and aware of any pedestrians in their vicinity. Where a driver has failed in this duty, leading to your child becoming injured, a Lorona Mead Glendale pedestrian accident attorney will aggressively and comprehensively pursue the compensation you are entitled to.
Common Injuries Resulting from Pedestrian Accidents
There is a wide range of injuries which can potentially result from a pedestrian accident, but there are some definite common ones too. During our five decades of experience representing victims of Glendale pedestrian accidents, our attorneys have identified the following likely injuries:
- Brain injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, concussion, and swelling
- Scalp and head lacerations
- Skull fractures, as well as fractures and breaks of other facial bones
- Torn ligaments
- Broken or fractured limbs
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death
Whichever type of injury you, or your child, have sustained due to a collision, a Glendale pedestrian accident attorney can provide the legal guidance and support you need. To discuss your case with a highly-skilled and experienced lawyer, call Lorona Mead today on 602-554-0006 for a free initial consultation.