Glendale Bike Accident Lawyer
Bike accidents, where a cyclist is involved in a collision with a car or other motor vehicle, can result in life-changing or even fatal injuries for the cyclist. With no protection in the form of a metal shell, a cyclist stands little chance when struck by a vehicle, particularly when that vehicle is travelling at speed. Although many drivers choose to ignore this fact, those riding bicycles in Glendale, Arizona have the same legal rights as other road users, and motorists are obligated to allow sufficient space while overtaking a bicycle, and to remain vigilant at all other times.
If you have been seriously injured by a negligent or reckless driver while cycling in the area, a Glendale bike accident attorney from Lorona Mead could be your key to recovering the full amount of compensation you are entitled to. We are committed to holding the responsible party accountable for the consequences of their actions.
What Types of Collision Can a Glendale Bike Accident Attorney Handle?
At Lorona Mead, our combined five decades of legal experience mean we can successfully handle any kind of bike accident case. No matter how complex your case may be, you can rest assured that you are in the best hands when you hire one of our Glendale bike accident attorneys. To give you an idea as to the extent of our experience, the countless cases we have achieved a successful verdict for have included:
- Hit and run bike accidents
- Drivers failing to stop for red traffic lights
- Motorists failing to yield at junctions or signage
- Sudden lane changes without carrying out proper observations beforehand
- Tailgating and other examples of aggressive driving
- Stopping suddenly
- Bike lane violations
- Manufacturing defects in bicycles or safety equipment
- Defective vehicle parts
- Dangerous, or poorly-maintained, road surfaces
- Wrongful death
This list is by no means exhaustive, and our Glendale bike accident attorneys are ready to help, whatever the circumstances surrounding your collision. When you have been injured due to the negligence or recklessness of another person or party, you deserve nothing less than the best possible legal representation.
Bike Accidents in Arizona – Facts and Statistics
It goes without saying that even one fatality is one too many, but any improvement on previous statistics can only be a good thing. Sadly, the number of fatal bike accidents increased between 2011 and 2012 increased by almost 7%. Using these 2012 figures as a guide, a year in United States fatal bike accidents looks like this:
- 726 cyclists were killed in fatal bike accidents
- Around 40% of these fatalities were caused by rear-ending
- 30% were classified as “unknown”, most likely to comprise rear-ending and hit and run bike accidents
- 11% of fatalities resulted from a cyclist striking the front of a car
- 88% of fatal bike accident victims were male
- 24% of fatalities involved alcohol
- 70% of Arizona bicycle accidents occurred in urban areas
- Around 2,000 bike accidents are reported in Arizona each year, with approximately 30 fatalities
Speak to a Glendale Bike Accident Attorney Today
If you, or a loved one, have been seriously injured while cycling, you could benefit from the outstanding legal representation of a Lorona Mead lawyer. To schedule your free initial consultation with an expert Glendale bike accident attorney, call us today on 602-554-0006