Last month, a 23-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving after he crashed and caused the death of the passenger in his vehicle.
Kirk William Lindbo was on State Route 88 when he crossed over the center line into the oncoming traffic lane. He then rolled off the roadway and crashed, killing the 17-year-old in the passenger seat. A Samaritan helped Lindbo out of his vehicle, which had come to rest on its roof.
Troopers on scene immediately smelled an alcoholic odor coming from Lindbo. He was arrested and taken to the hospital.
At Lorona Mead, this incident highlights one of the many ways that we see wrongful death cases arise. Do you know where to turn if a loved one is killled due to someone else’s negligence?
What Is Wrongful Death?
Wrongful death claims arise in situations where a loved one is lost due to the negligence or wrongful act of someone else. Here are some of the common ways in which we see wrongful death cases arise (by no means is this list exhaustive. Please seek a qualified attorney to help with your particular case):
- Impaired Driver – drunk drivers caused 320 fatalities in Arizona’s latest reporting year.
- Other Reckless Driving – distracted drivers are a major source of concern. If a driver is busy looking at their phone screen, they are not focusing on the roadway.
- Workplace Incidents – Unsafe working conditions can lead to unnecessary employee deaths. Employers should be held accountable if they do not provide workers with proper equipment or training.
- Medical Malpractice – Medical mistakes kill more than 250,000 people annually. This can happen due to misdiagnosis, surgical errors, medication mistakes, and more.
- Faulty Products – If your loved one was killed when they used or consumed a faulty product, the manufacturer could be held liable. These cases usually revolve around a product that was poorly designed, had a manufacturing error, or was improperly labeled (including pharmaceuticals).
Anytime someone else’s negligent act causes someone to lose their life, whether the act was intentional or not, they need to be held accountable.
Your Options Moving Forward
If you have lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, let the entire team at Lorona Mead extend our condolences. We know that this is an incredibly difficult time for you and your family.
We want to help you in the aftermath of this tragic incident. We know that no amount of compensation will make up for the loss of your loved one, but it can help cover the many expenses you are facing. We will work to recover:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of future income for the deceased
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages against the responsible party