DUI Attorney Phoenix AZ
If you were charged with a DUI, you may want to speak to a DUI lawyer Phoenix AZ counts on. A DUI is a serious offense and a conviction could negatively affect your life in several ways. At Lorona Mead, we’re committed to providing our clients with exemplary legal counsel when their lives have been affected by a DUI charge. An experienced DUI lawyer Phoenix AZ trusts from our firm may help you get the best possible outcome with your case.
What Are the Consequences of a DUI Conviction?
If you receive a DUI conviction, this could stay on your permanent record and may change your life in many ways. Even after you serve your time and pay your fines, a DUI conviction might still cause problems.
- Fewer Employment Opportunities: Many employers do background checks these days and may turn down applicants with serious convictions on their records. It may be especially difficult for you to get a job that involves driving. If you currently have a career that involves driving, your current employment status may be in jeopardy.
- Driver’s License Revocation: If you are convicted of driving under the influence, the judge may choose to take away your license. If you live in an area without public transportation, it may be very difficult for you to get to work, run errands, and visit family.
- Higher Car Insurance Rates: A DUI conviction can also make your car insurance rates skyrocket. Your insurance company may see you as a high-risk driver and increase your rates for many years.
With legal counsel from a skilled DUI lawyer in Phoenix AZ, you may reduce your chances of getting convicted. If it’s not possible to get the charges dropped entirely, your Phoenix AZ DUI lawyer may be able to reduce the charges or the penalties. Even a small reduction could make a huge difference in a DUI case.
What Can a DUI Lawyer Do for Me?
If you are charged with a DUI, it may be essential to find an experienced DUI lawyer Phoenix AZ respects. A DUI lawyer is worth every penny and may provide the following benefits:
- Negotiate a Favorable Deal: A seasoned lawyer would likely understand that negotiations are a pivotal part of criminal charges. It may be possible to reach a favorable plea deal with the prosecutor that doesn’t involve any jail time.
- Find Technicalities: A DUI lawyer Phoenix AZ relies on may also discover technicalities in your case that could get the entire case dismissed. For example, if the police officer who pulled you over had no legal grounds to do so, your charges may get dropped.
- Protect from Police: It may not be a good idea to talk to the police without a lawyer present. Police officers may ask you certain questions to trick you into confessing. A lawyer may help you deflect questions that would be incriminating.