Facing a DUI Charge? a Criminal Lawyer Phoenix AZ Trusts Can Help
A criminal lawyer Phoenix AZ residents choose from Lorona Mead understands that being involved in a car collision can be very stressful. This can be especially true if someone gets hurt. However, if you injured or killed someone while driving under the influence (DUI), you are facing the possibility of a criminal conviction. Even if nobody got hurt, a DUI conviction can negatively impact your life for years.
Protect Your Rights
It’s important to protect your rights. Whether or not you were in fact driving while intoxicated, you have rights under the U.S. Constitution. If you do not hire a criminal lawyer in Phoenix AZ that locals recommend in these circumstances, you are at risk for getting the maximum amount of jail time and fines. At Lorona Mead, we know from experience that law enforcement officers do not always follow the law. When they detour from proper procedure, citizens are unfairly punished. When you work with a criminal lawyer in Phoenix AZ from our firm, we will examine your case closely.
- Did the police officer break the law? Did they have probable cause to pull you over?
- Was the breathalyzer properly calibrated? Did it show you having an exaggerated level of alcohol?
- At any time did a police officer read you your rights? If they booked you for a DUI and did not read you your rights by then, a Phoenix criminal lawyer from Lorona Mead may be able to get your charge dropped.
DUIs and Accidents
If you were charged with a DUI in conjunction with an accident, the stakes are much higher. As a driver, you are responsible for driving safely. If a law enforcement officer determines that you caused an accident as a result of being intoxicated, you’re facing much more serious jail time and fines. If someone was hurt as a result of your actions, it gets worse. If someone died as a result of you driving under the influence, you face long term jail time, significant fines, and possibly a wrongful death civil suit from the victim’s family. That is all in addition to criminal charges. If any of this describes your situation, you need to strongly consider calling a criminal lawyer in Phoenix AZ immediately. When you hire a criminal defense attorney from our firm, we will begin protecting your rights without delay. You will need a skilled attorney on your side to make sure that a zealous prosecutor does not make an example of you.
- Your Lorona Mead defense attorney will make sure all law enforcement agents followed the law if they interacted with your case in any way.
- A car accident forensic investigator from our team can recreate the circumstances of the accident to determine who was responsible in part or in whole. If there is any doubt that you were not completely responsible, we will make the case that you should not be punished.
You Have Rights: Protect Them
Learn your legal options and seek the trusted advice of a respected lawyer. Call Lorona Mead today and request a free consultation with a criminal lawyer Phoenix AZ drivers turn to for help. Protect your rights. Protect your future.